Here are eight basic facts about healing. I will write complete articles on each one and provide a link from this list to each article, but I thought it important that you should see a basic overview of these healing truths.
- God is good. God does not make you sick, diseased, or injured to teach you a lesson. Luke 11:11,12,13 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
- It is God's will for you to be healed and made whole spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically. Luke 11:1 So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven." Please read: Healing Is For You
- Healing is included in the atonement of Christ. I Peter 2:24 ...who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
- Having a strong believing faith and being full of faith is very important and instrumental in being healed both on the part of the one being healed and the one who is ministering healing. Acts 6:5-8 And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit,... And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.
- Doubt and unbelief can cancel out faith. Matthew 13:58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
- God heals people through people who are completely his. All power rests in God's hands, but believers have been given the authority to put God's power to work. John 3:2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
- There may be some personal issues you need to deal with to be healed. John 5:14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”
- Healing and miracles are called signs. They are signs verifying the truth. God backs up his word showing that it is from him by doing powerful works that only he can do. Mark 16:19,20 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.